We collect information through MyES that helps us assess what assistance you can get, improve your experience in, or identify suspicious activity.
You have the right to see your information and be able to correct it.
We expect you to:
Keep your login details secure and information safe.
Make sure the information you give us is true and correct.
1. MyES web application is owned and operated by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (“the Ministry”, we, us, our).
2. We may change the content on MyES from time to time.
4. To use MyES you need to Register and create an account.
5. We can’t guarantee that MyES will be available at all times. It, or certain features, may be unavailable for maintenance reasons, due to your internet or telecommunications provider or other events we can’t control. If this means you can’t complete a required action you can email us on email@example.com
6. If you’re a registered as an MyES user, you have the following responsibilities:
Keep your login information secure. You must not supply your login details to anyone, even if they look like they may be associated with Ministry of Internal Affairs. Agents or other people acting on your behalf can’t use MyES and you should not supply them with your login details.
Choose a password/PIN that can’t be easily guessed, keep it safe and don’t share it with anyone. We don’t have access to your password/PIN and we’ll never ask for them.
If you think someone knows your login information, you must immediately:
change your password/PIN, and
tell us by using the Contact us on MyES
Keep your contact details up-to-date.
Make sure you log out of MyES session once you’re done, especially if you’re using a shared device or public computer.
If you’re using a shared device or public computer don’t select “Make PIN-only login available on this device” when you log into MyES
You must not intentionally interfere with the operation of MyES or impose an unreasonable load on the service.
You must read all correspondence from us. See ‘contacting you’ below for the ways we may contact you.
8. For further responsibilities see the section ‘Information provided or submitted on MyES.
9. Keep your contact details up-to-date.
10. We may email or send SMS messages to you directly. For example, you may be sent:
Activation codes or temporary login for MyES (when you request these)
Information about MyES web application
Emails or SMS messages to tell you when you have letters to read in MyES
Information about products and services from the Ministry, and
Information about changes to the law or policy changes.
11. We take all reasonable steps to make sure emails and SMS messages have the highest chance of successful delivery, but we can’t be held responsible for non-delivery because of things we can’t control, like incorrect or out-of-date email address or mobile number or network outages.
Information provided or submitted on MyES
12. We do our best to make sure the most up-to-date information is available on MyES, however if there is a change in your situation you might not see these straight away in MyES. This means the information still appearing is subject to change.
13. When you submit information through MyES to us, you need to:
fill in all the required information
make sure the information you supply is true and correct, and
confirm the information you are sending is true and correct before submitting.
14. Any information you provide through MyES will be used to update your record and to help provide you with correct Ministry assistance and other services.
Data collected on MyES use
15. The Ministry will collect information about your use of MyES to help us improve the services provided by the Ministry and to investigate any dispute you have with us. This includes:
your IP address
any search terms you used
the pages you access on our site and the links you click on
the date and time you visit the site
the referring site (if any) through which you click through to this site
your operating system
the type of device and web browser you use
other incidental matters such as screen resolution.
What we do with your personal information
We're committed to respecting your privacy and being clear about how we use your personal information.
Collecting information and data
We collect your personal information through our secured online MyES platform which enables best matching of people and jobs. The data collected is used by the Ministry to determine and understand demographics and how best to serve the economic and welfare needs for the people of the Cook Islands now and into the future.
Information collected also enable us to:
work out how best we can assist you, and
evolve and improve the online Employment Services for both the job seeker and the employer.
You can choose not to give us this information but it means that we will be unable to registered you into the MyES online platform.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
The information provided on this Ministry of Internal Affairs website is intended to provide general information to the public and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure that the information set out in this website is accurate. However, visitors to this website are advised that:
The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of the Cook Islands or any other official guidelines or requirements.
The contents of this website should not be construed as legal advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes.
The Ministry may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
The Ministry is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Ministry cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages.
The Ministry does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation, or people who have off-site links to the Ministry’s website.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
17. Your browser setting must be able to accept Cookies to use MyES.
18. Using a Private Browsing setting will not affect your ability to use MyES however you may be sent an activation code to confirm your identity.
19. The Ministry has systems and procedures in place to prevent loss, unlawful access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse of your information, consistent with good practice and as required by relevant law and policy. Particular care has been taken to make sure that only certain people with specific roles and authorised access levels are able to view your identity and transaction-related information.
20. You must not create software designed to interact with MyES or any of the Ministry’s systems.
This website is an initiative of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The website and all material within the website, are directed and administered by the Ministry and, unless indicated otherwise,protected by copyright owned by the Crown.